Thursday, August 30, 2007

Leona Helmsley Leaves 12 Million Dollars to Dog

Hello,

I completely understand how Leona Helmsley adored her dog - many of us love ours deeply, too. I just wish she would have shown her love for all dogs, or even all animals, in general in her will, and not just her own particular dog. Imagine how many pets could have been spayed and neutered for that amount of money, or how many dogs could have been saved from the evils of dogfighing. Her little shih tzu will not know the difference between a diamond-encrusted collar, and one bought from Target. I hope the brother she appointed to be her dog's caretaker, will keep other animals in mind as well. What is good for the animal kingdom, is good for one cute little spoiled pooch.

Nancy J. Cronk

7 comments:

Animal Chaplain said...

I read it was a Maltese, not a Shih Tzu. Sorry.

Mauigirl said...

I agree, if you have 12 million dollars, leave it in such a way to benefit all animals, not just one.

Anonymous said...

My partner met her some 20 years or so ago and isn't surprised in the least at her final decisions. I must say that I find it terribly selfish (and, um, about a half a bubble off plumb-level) to lavish such a sum to a single companion when there are so many, many more who could have benefited. Unfortunately, Mrs Helmsley was very damaged and unable to relate to another being on any emotional level (except for demonstrated ugliness).

I prayed for her soul in life and will continue to pray that her spirit will find a way to achieve empathy with other beings.

It breaks my heart that two counties away from where I live there is a shelter that is forced to euthanize nearly 250 animals per week. Irresponsible humans refuse to SNYP or supervise their animals; it's always the animals who suffer for our sins. To think, a tiny portion of that $12million could have prevented so many needless deaths.

The mind boggles and the soul aches.

惠婷惠婷 said...

大學星正妹 十大最火正妹榜 正妹照片 正妹日報新站 無名正妹牆 巨乳正妹 無名正妹

Cherry lane Farm said...

I agree with the lady who said she should have helped all the animals with the money not just her own. That to me was a very selfish act!

Cherry lane Farm said...

I agree with the lady who said she should have helped all the animals with the money not just her own. That to me was a very selfish act!

HBDGAF said...

where has your website gone?